It is official. Hyundai Creta Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) has emerged 2021 Car-Of-The-Year (COTR) in Nigeria.
The sensational Hyundai Creta SUV was pronounced winner ahead of Toyota Corolla and Kia Rio at a colourful ceremony held on Wednesday night at Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos,
The annual event put together by Nigeria Auto Journalists Association (NAJA) had in attendance key stakeholders in the automobile and transport sector in Nigeria including the Corp Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, representative of the Director General of the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC), Jelani Aliyu among others.
Hyundai Creta had in 2018 emerged winner of the coveted prize.
In 2019 Toyota Corolla won the award. The award ceremony did not hold in 2020 due to the ravaging effect of Covid-19 across the world.
Recently launched in the country, the 2021 Car of The Year, the Hyundai Creta, a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) is described as a car with a redesigned shape set to create unparalleled driving experiences for customers.
According to Hyundai, CRETA has been transformed into the ultimate sub-compact SUV for any terrain.
Building on the success of the previous model, the fresh-look CRETA is more spacious, boasts improved features and utilizes state-of-the-art technologies to meet the complete needs of working professionals, young peer group and families.
Mr. Gaurav Vashisht, Head, Sales and Marketing at Hyundai Motors Nigeria, said: “Developing high-quality vehicles are at the core of our vision and this is reflected with the all-new Hyundai CRETA model.
“Since the first model was launched, the CRETA has become one of the most popular vehicles and the latest version is set to be a game-changer in the sub-compact SUV segment. From top to bottom, we have crafted the car carefully, pushing the boundaries to ensure that it stands out on the road and is equipped with a wide range of improved features that will deliver even more fun-loving driving experiences.
“Ultimately, the new CRETA is no like no other vehicle. It’s a true urban crossover with loads of versatility that is modern, sensuous and sporty in design.”
Earlier, in his welcome address, NAJA Chairman, Mike Ochonma, commended stakeholders for their contributions to the development of the sector.
Also, at the 2021 Auto Awards, Mercedes Benz S-class emerged Luxury Car of the year ahead of BMW 7-series.
Other winners at the prestigious Auto Awards, included:
- Luxury SUV Of The Year –Range Rover Velar
- Pick Up Of The Year –Toyota Hilux
- Auto Plant Of The Year (Truck) –Lanre Shittu (JAC)
- Auto Workshop Of The Year –Mandilas Motors
- Truck Of The Year (Heavy Duty) –Shacman (TSS)
- Outstanding Comeback Of The Year –Suzuki (CFAO)
- Most Transformed New Entrant Of The Year –Toyota Starlet
- Electric Vehicle Of The Year –Hyundai Kona
- Most Resilient Auto Assembler –PAN Nigeria Ltd
- Nigeria Auto CEO Of The Year –Chief Diana Chen (Chairman/CEO, CIG Group)
- Auto Personality Of the Year (Public Sector) –Jelani Aliyu MFR (DG, NADDC)
- Auto Personality Of the Year (Corporate) –Jacky Hathiramani (MD, Dana Motors)
- Pillar of Nigeria Auto Industry –Chief Michael Ade-Ojo
- Electric Vehicle Promoter Of The Year –Jet Systems
- Gas Powered Auto Assembler Of The Year –OMAA
- Communication/Marketing Manager Of The Year –Beatrice Oyesile
- Communication/Marketing Manager Of The Year –Funmi Abiola
- Auto Manufacturer Of The Year (Local Content) –Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM)
- Most Innovative Auto Company of The Year –Massilia Motors
- Motor Rally Promoter Of The Year –Work & Play
- Outstanding New Pickup Of The Year –Nord Tank
- Compact SUV Of The Year (Outstanding Design/Technology) –Geely Coolray
- Most Fascinating SUV Of The Year –GAC GS8
- Executive Car Of The Year –Kia K5 (Optima)
- Road Safety Personality Of The Decade –Boboye Oyeyemi PhD, MFR
- Online Auto Company of the year –Autochek
- Mini Bus Of The Year –Toyota Hiace
FG Shuts GoCash, Okash, EasyCredit, Easy Moni, Other Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Accounts
Auto Skills: Lanre Shittu Motors Trains Dropouts, Empowers Young Graduates
The Address Homes Adds Two New Luxury Brands in Lagos
Adulterated Petrol: FG To Return Fuel To Suppliers, 100 Million Litres Affected, Say Marketers
Copyright ©The Business Bells.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from The Business Bells.
You Want To Receive Daily Alerts on WhatsApp? Click the image below to join our WhatsApp Group